Stop being used
It happens that people take advantage of you and take you for granted for being too nice to them. That upsets you and you donâ€™t know how to deal with it. You get used and abused for being nice to people. Well, you need to put a stop to it.
In this personality development video with Ceema you will learn signs that indicate you are taken advantage of. Learn how to deal with such mean and rude people. Stop people to use and abuse you all the time. Watch this motivational video and share it with your friends and folks
How to tell you are being used.
1. The person only calls you when they need something. There are no phone calls to see how you are doing from time. There are no invites from this person to get together and hang out.
2. This person keeps expecting this “favor” out of you with no remorse for the inconvenience it’s causing in your life. This could be your time or financially.
3. This person uses who they are to you for example they might be a close family member that feels entitled to live with you or drive your car when they have someplace to go.
4. Everything has to always be this person’s way or no way. They have used you enough to know you will always let them have their way.
Ways to Stop Being Used
1. Start utilizing the word no. Say no to the takers of your life no matter how uncomfortable it is. If you are normally a giver when a certain person keeps asking you for money, does that mean you are no longer a giver now that you are saying no? Absolutely not!
This means you will not be taken advantage of by this person financially. When you do start saying no you can expect people to start calling you selfish. Throw them off by saying “you’re right”.
You come first. Take care of your self first. You know who you are. You know you are not selfish. So you shouldn’t feel no type of way about them calling you selfish or anything. People forget you have a life.
2. Set some boundaries and enforce them. It can be tricky trying to figure out what your limits should be. The sooner the better. Some people can hear very well but act like they are deaf.
That’s just fine. If you realize that person has crossed boundaries after being set, there is only one thing left to do. This person clearly doesn’t care how you feel about the situation. They do not respect you. You need to end communication with that person.
3. Treat everyone as you want them to treat you. This may sound cliche’ but seriously. If you treat everyone with kindness, you will start to attract a better quality of people into your life. The type of people who will value you and not use you for their benefit.
4. Pay closer attention to the relationships with the people in your life. There are always signs. If you think you are being used, you probably are.
5. Stop explaining. This can be hard because you somehow feel like you owe people an explanation. You don’t have to explain why you won’t be letting this person use you anymore.
6. Work on you. Change your attitude. Unless you want to keep getting the short end of the stick, have some respect for yourself. Self respect is very important. It will make all the difference in your life.
The people that are using you are using you for a reason. They know your heart.
They know you are a good person that’s always willing to help. When your confidence is high, you won’t be so worried about how others feel.
When you change the way you think about yourself, you will understand that you are worthy of being treated well even if you have to treat people how to do it.
You are teaching them how to respect you and others. You are putting yourself in a position where you know when to bless more.